极速赛车大小必中规律:First China-made polar cruise ship tests water
NANJING -- The first China-made cruise ship for polar expeditions tested the water on Tuesday in Haimen, East China's Jiangsu province.
Hu Xianfu, general manager of the shipbuilder China Merchants Group, said the 104.4-meters long vessel is 18.4 meters at the beam. It can operate at a speed of 15.5 knots.
With a gross tonnage of 7,400 tons, it can accommodate 255 people on board.
Hu said the ship still needs equipment testing and installation, which will be finished in July before a September delivery to the owner Sunstone Ships Inc.
Sunstone, the world's leading provider of expedition vessels, has ordered 10 of the cruise liners from the Chinese shipbuilder.
The shipbuilding started in March 2018. Niels-Erik Lund, president and CEO of Sunstone, said the progress has been going well, which represents China's superb management in the shipbuilding industry.
- First China-made polar cruise ship tests water
- Beijingers plant over 200m trees in 40 years
- Situation in Xinjiang stable: region chairman
- Two naval pilots die in Hainan crash
- International universities to woo Chinese students
- AI surpasses humans in comprehension test